Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Is it The Law of Attraction...or The Law of Absorbtion?!

This great piece in Aluna Joy's recent newsletter really caught my eye. If you've watched The Secret and also wondered how 'attracting' fits in with 'it all exists within us right now' then you'll like Raphael's thoughts below. When I read it I got a visual of how it might work: that which we 'want' is sitting on top of us like water on a sponge. It's not so much about attracting it, as letting it in!! Experiment with this, and Enjoy!


A Note from Raphael... The Law of Absorbtion. (reprinted here with kind permission)
Raphael's Website: www.IAMBlessingWater.com/healings.html
Aluna Joy's Website: http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/index.html


So many of us have watched the movie "The Secret" with the hopes of being able to grasp the elusive set of words that would finally trigger us to say "Oh yeah, I get it.". Well, I know that I'm not the only one out there who is still trying to get to that point, so I'm writing this in hopes that it will help others, or at least spark some interesting discussion. In my travels, I have come across various books discussing the various types of personality make-ups (temperaments) that people can have. Supposedly, based on a person's personality make-up, they will integrate and comprehend information differently than someone with a different type of personality make-up. So, in other words, different people require that information be said in a way that corresponds to their personality make-up in order for that information to be fully comprehended. In my other life (in this lifetime), I was a totally left brained executive dealing with numbers and contracts all day. So I tend to look at things initially in a very exact and literal manner when it comes to interpretation, without much room for flexibility (still working on letting this go). So, based on what I said in the above paragraph, I offer this up . . . "The Secret" says that the secret is the Law of Attraction. Hmmm . . . the word "Attract" . . . Webster says the definition of "Attract" is "to pull to or draw toward oneself or itself". OK. But it doesn't say that you have that something in hand. So meditating on this one day, I hear the words "It's about Absorbtion". Hmmm (a second time) . . . Webster says the definition of "Absorb" is "to take in and make part of an existent whole". Now, to me, that makes more sense. By absorbing something, I make it part of myself; not just having brought it to me where it's sitting just outside the reach of my wildly, flaying hands. I know I'm playing a bit of a mind game here with the words, but, hey, if it can trick my mind into finally getting it, I'm buying into it. Has this helped me? Well, I'm still playing with it. But I'll keep you abreast of what happens. Blessings, Raphael

No comments:

Post a Comment